You need some concrete elements? So you are at the right place!
Here, you will find a gold mine of information on the project, on the various topics, and even practical guides to get prepared for the conferences! Here you will also find all the productions that the young participants made during the local, national, European and intercontinental activities!
METHODOLOGICAL AND PRACTICAL ELEMENTS to implement the project
- A Step by Step Guide
- Short note on local and national conferences
- Short note on local conferences (for countries with no national conf.)
- Note on the posters for the European Conference
- Note on the Delegate's Role
- Note on the Facilitator's Role
Debating and communicating during the conference
- Multilingual dictionary
- Introduction to the debates, ask the right questions
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
PRACTICAL INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS to the EUROPEAN YOUTH CONFERENCE
- to prepare the travel to Brussels: you will find information on your travel, accommodation, activities, meals, objects to bring...
-> Form for the delegates
-> Form for the facilitators
-> Form for the chaperons
Practical elements to implement the project
A Step by Step Guide to implement the “Let’s Take Care of the Planet” project
This Step by Step Guide provides concrete methodological elements to enter the project step by step, as well as pedagogical information on the global topic: Sustainable Schools and Territories. This precious tool will help you to implement your activities. Read and diffuse it widely!
For a printable version (pdf - 8,2 MO), click here (click on Telecharger, then on 'slow downloda, wait 20 second, and click again)
Also, you can read the 2010 Step by Step Guide for the International Conference in Brasilia clicking here: this methodological guide has facilitated the project implementation in all the European countries in 2010. It will help you to understand the origin of the project and the different stages accomplished one after the other till the first International Youth Conference for the Environment.
Short note on local and national conferences
This note will give you a summary of the main practical elements to implement activities at local and national level. It concerns countries that will have local conferences, but also a regional or national conference before the European one.
Short note on local conferences only
This note will give you a summary of the main practical elements to implement activities at local level. It concerns countries that will have regional or national conference before the European Conference, but only local conferences.
Posters for the European Conference
Note on the posters for the European Conference: this document explain the kind of posters that should be brought at the European Conference by the national delegations
Note Role of the Delegate
This note wil inform the teachers about the delegates election's criteria and the suggests the method to organize the election.
Note Role of the Facilitator
This note will give to the National Organization Commission (NOC) the pieces of information on the Facilitator's role and the selection's criteria.
Debating and communicating during the conference
- Multilingual Dictionary (introduce yourself - environment - health) - source : Laurence Charlet, collège "Le Clergeon" de Rumilly, France.
- Short introduction to the debates: Take care and account for!, by Marco Carvino (scientist)
Understanding the Environment and Sustainable Development
- About ‘Climate Changes’
The Teaching guide Sustainable development and Climate Change Education explains the climate changes phenomenon and will give you elements to deal with this issue in a project of Education for a Sustainable Development.
For a printable version (pdf - 12,7 MO), click here.
- About ‘Earth’
- Desertification : European Context (4 pages)
- UN Convention to Combat Desertification (13 pages)
- Deforestation: European context (13 pages)
- Deforestation: "The dark side of Europe's thirst for green fuel" (2 pages)
- Landfill of waste (4 pages)
- About ‘Water’
- Changing Natural Systems (4 pages)
(Content: Relative Water Stress Index - Sources of Contemporary Nitrogen Loading - Key messages - Ecosystems and their Capacity to Provide Goods and Services)
- European Water Resources — Overview (2 pages)
- Policies and Measures to Promote Sustainable Water Use (2 pages)
- The Environmental and Social Importance of Ecosystems (8 pages)
(Goods and services - Status of and Trends in Ecosystems and Biodiversity - Pressures and Impacts - Floods - Climate impacts on water resources (Socio-economic impacts, Climate change and European water policies)
- Towards a Sustainable/Strategic Management of Water Resources: Evaluation of Present Policies and Orientations for the Future - The Mediterranean area (22 pages)
- About ‘Waste and Energy’
- Waste, EU policies and climate change - final report, summary (7 pages)
- Waste and material resources (10 pages)
- (Waste) Plastics recycling information sheet (9 pages)
- (Waste) Packaging and Packaging waste: the Law (2 pages)
- (Energy) Biochar in the News (3 pages)
- (Energy) Origin of Biochar - Terra Preta (3 pages)
SEVERN SUZUKI Speech in 1992 and then in 2012 in RIO
- A now very famous document: the beautiful speech of Severn Suzuki, who was then aged 13, given during the UN Earth Summit in 1992, in Rio de Janeiro.
- Twenty years later, Severn Suzuki takes the floor again at Rio = éà Earth Summit, during many events. Here is one of the interviews she gave (introduction in French, speech in English).
THE YOUTH TAKE CARE OF THE PLANET
Youth CHARTERS of Responsibilities written in 2010
- INTERNATIONAL Charter "Let’s Take Care of the Planet" , written in Brasilia in 2010 by 350 youth
- FRANCE National Charter "Let’s Take Care of the Planet", written in Eybens in March 2010 by 60 youth
- SPAIN National Charter "Let’s Take Care of the Planet", written in April 2010
- GERMANY National Charter "Let’s Take Care of the Planet", written in April 2010
- GREECE National Charter "Let’s Take Care of the Planet", written in April 2010
- ITALY National Charter "Let’s Take Care of the Planet", written in April 2010 (in Italian only)
- PORTUGAL National Charter "Let’s Take Care of the Planet", written in May 2010
- CZECH REPUBLIC National Charter "Let’s Take Care of the Planet", written in April 2010
Posters created by the French young delegates during the 2nd National Conference - 12th-13th May 2011
Shopping/Throwing... I like it, I love it, I adore it... not anymore.
Poster 2: Water needs us as much as we need water (polluted water, radioactive rain)
Poster 3: Nurture your Earth, nurture your mind
Poster 4: Solidarity fuels humanity
Poster 5: Excessive electricity use is bad for the planet, your children, your future, health, your bills, and Claude François
- Open Letter to the decision-makers, written by the French young delegates at the 2nd National Conference 2011 (in French only)
Results of the 1st Spanish National Conference - Vitoria Gasteiz - 26th -27th January 2012
(documents in Spanish only)
- Manifesto, written by a group of delegates, towards the elected representatives
- Posters created by the communication workshop, illustrating the responsibilities and actions chosen during the conference:
- Radio program, directed by the educommunication workshop (coverage of the conference)