A European Youth Conference has taken place in Spring 2012.
A video on the European Conference is now available by clicking here!
The most recent information on the Conference results are available in the News section, we invite you to read them!
Headquarters of the Committee of the Regions, Brussels, Belgium
Date: May 14-15-16, 2012
Duration: 3 days
TopicMain theme: Sustainable schools and cities (for more information, read the Step by Step Guide, in the 'Resource' section)
: Natural Resources, Energy, Consumption, Solidarity, Health, Transports, Biodiversity
Other topical approaches are proposed here (per type of action, or in reference to the 2010 International Youth Charter)
- 70 to 80 young delegates aged 13-16
-12 to 15 facilitators aged 18-29 (co-facilitation of the workshops and national delegations' referents)
- 10 organizors (logistics)
- 20 to 25 chaperons
- 10 facilitators
- 10 guests and speakers
European countries: 14
Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Georgia, Germany, Italy, Lituania, Malta, Poland, Romania, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey
- topical workshops: debates on differents identified topics
- workshops on a collective production: writing of an open letter to the political decision-makers and creative workshops (communication tools, posters, radio, video, happening, music...)
- Awareness raising Workshops
- Field Visits in Brussels, related with the conference topic
- Dialogue with the political representatives (European Deputies, Regions representatives, etc).
More details available in the Youth Programme.
Also available : the Adults Programme.
You can also consult a general outline of the planned activities.